Sunday, April 5, 2020

The Canvas

Through me ran your breath
Soothing was your heart beat
Not yet out of death
And not yet on my feet

The background on my canvas -
Abundant clouds of pink
In you I dip my paint brush
From you I draw my ink

You begin as yellow streaks,
Thinning towards the ends
-Golden frays of sunshine leaks-
With you my conscious ascends

The dots of red audacious
Spread throughout yet obscure
The mysterious life fallacious
The basic-nature you underscore

Fore - portrait in colours of strength
Of courage and creation,
Intertwined at repeated lengths,
Our blue pearls, thoughts , emotion.

1 comment:

  1. 21 Mar 2019 : I guess I am celebrating three things at once - world poetry day, women and colours.
    In the poem, I am painting a canvas and the colours represent the different expressions of women in my life. The first two stanzas stand for my mother. The third stands for all friends, sisters and colleagues. The fourth represents the physical attractions. The fifth represents my soul connection to my wife :) Looks like my canvas has a pink background, with yellow tapering streaks, loud red dots and a blue portrait at the fore.

    ReplyDelete