Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bright 'n' beautiful

I look out at the stars,
As my world outside moves .
Confined to this box am I,
Galloping to the sound of hooves .

In my thoughts I wonder
What these stars mean to me,
Are they just a signature,
That we’re always reminded of Thee?

Or maybe they’re the sentinels
Of the brilliant fortress white,
Spread around ‘cross the sky,
Displaying all their might .

Or maybe the ships that sail,
Through the sea, we call ‘night’,
Making their way safely through,
By their lights just so bright.

Maybe they are a sign of love,
From a brother far away,
Appearing when things get dark,
Disappearing when its day.

But before I think much more,
The answer seems to shine,
Brighter than the stars themselves,
It is all so divine.

They are there to remind us,
Life is as we see it too,
You just join them differently,
You have a picture just so new.








1 comment:

  1. On my way back home, in the train, as I sat at the window admiring the stars...

    ReplyDelete