Friday, May 23, 2008

The Ride

The bird comes flying,
Gliding through the sky,
It stops at my door,
As it passes by.

It peers through the window,
A glimpse at the “next one”,
I am forced to wake up,
My journey has just begun.

I know not where I go,
Nor where I shall have to stay,
Because I’m just going,
Where life makes its way.

The bird may sometimes fly,
High up in the air,
For that is when you think,
That life is just so fair.

But sometimes it may drown,
In the great waters blue,
Giving you a chance,
Your life to renew.

Wherever the bird takes you,
Whatever you go past,
You can control the destination,
If you don’t move too fast.

2 comments:

  1. Drive slow, and reach safe, in this journey of life... :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think I can add a better comment thanthat one! Very sane.
    But I am divertingfrom the poem.I am tempted to offer a light hearted ditty by a clergyman which a colleague offered me many years ago.
    " I came I know not from where
    I know not from here I will go where
    But I know one thing for sure
    If I do good here I will do well there!"
    But jokes apart , its a very nice soul searching -but notdespairing or cynical- introspection. do keep them flowing!
    And look for a literary society or website which will do justice to it. (Not lift it!)

    ReplyDelete