Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Calling

In the darkness of the moonlit night,
I see a shadow, loom by the light.
His eyes are pale and his face is dark,
His hands are wrinkled, the sight is stark.

His eyes seem deeper than the greatest ocean,
They have a story to tell,to prompt me to action.
Suddenly, I realize, he is not alone,
There are many like him, he has brought into my home.

Like the great waves of the agitated sea,
The sight of it wont let me be.
My mind starts to travel, far and near,
Thoughts of it , instil in me, a fear.

Although each one has a story to tell,
They stand there quiet, like they were in hell.
They look at me with indifferent eyes,
Not a groan on their lips, no cries or sighs.

And then it strikes me, I understand it all,
These are my people who stand before a fall.
They are being led without a leader,
They need my help and hence they come hither.

My mother is sick and she calls upon her son,
I must go now,for my mother doth beckon.
What a fool am I to let her reach this state,
I am the one to be blamed,not that poor Fate.

If you dont understand what I do say,
Look deep in your heart ,search for that hidden bay.
There will you find her,She'll never cry out loud,
For she is your mother,your motherland so proud.

1 comment:

  1. To my motherland, INDIA... written 3 years back, when I had to take a decision on the course that my life would have to take...

    ReplyDelete